PUNLAAN SCHOOL


                                 Punlaan School. I am very blessed to have this school. This is not just a school for Culinary Arts. This is a school for every woman in the world, who needs to be personally and spiritually developed. I am really blessed to be one of punlaan students here. You can't just enroll here whenever you wanted. You must undergo screen examination. They will interview you because they want to know if you really deserve the scholarship or not, or worth of being a punlaan student here. Being a punlaan student here for almost 5 months is really worth a mention. In 5 months of studying here I have experienced a lot of things such as housekeeping and baking. I can say that Punlaan is really transforming my life to become mature enough to handle myself. I just can’t say that I am really that matured at age of 16. I need some people who could mold my personality and future life. Of course I won’t be here without God’ grace and love.




                              I still remembered the time when I enrolled here. It was month of November that time and my mother offered and also requested me to study here. The truth is I don't want to study here because based on my first impression without knowing what punlaan is, it's just a house. I did not even go inside just to check the school because I already knew to myself that I will study in the university. But then, I think this school is destined for me. I enrolled here when it was our semester break and I passed the entrance examination and even the pre- and panel interview. It was really great. I discovered a lot of things in punlaan. I realized that it is not just a school. It's a great school for us women.


                  " I am Emerline Plopino Belga and I'm 16 years old. I was born on June 09,2000. And my birthday is this coming Thursday. I finished my Junior High-school at San Juan National High-school in Barangay Corazon De Jesus." That was my line when I introduced myself in front of new faces. It's really funny for I told them that my birthday was this coming Thursday. I just want to inform them and I was expecting that time that they will greet me a happy birthday Emer. They called me by my nickname Emer. But my true nickname is EL pronounced as e-l.


                 This was another experience when I'm holding a floor polisher. It's not really funny but it's embarrassing. I pressed the handle of the floor polisher without knowing that I must control the polisher but I did not. The Floor polisher brought me and it went side by side. Third was bed-making. It's really great and awesome; my partner that time was Mary Anne. At the end, we did it properly. Thanks to Ma'am Zenny who taught us how to do the steps.



                    In our Empowerment Technology class, I learned a lot of things here. I even learned how to make a mail merge, use excel spreadsheet, blogging, how computer works and its shortcut keys, and many others all about computer.







In Science, that is my favorite subject. I also learned many new things in Earth and life Science, Chemistry and Physics. We did activities, even reporting and had examinations. Science is really great for me even we had a lot of hand-outs to review just to pass the exam. I remembered when I got 117 over 120 in our 1st semester test. It was an achievement for me. I thanked God for this blessing.


In Math, that is also my favorite subject. Our teacher here is really great. She's good in teaching Math. Didn’t you know that I became one of the exempted students in Math Finals? It's another achievement for me! Thank you God.

In Baking, of course it's exciting. We already had our baking laboratories. We baked a lot of cookies and cakes.




                       In Cooking, our teacher is really good in French. She taught us how to pronounce that French word properly. For me it's hard and funny because I always invent the pronunciation. But I learned and it's another achievement for me.

                      In Catholic Doctrine, even I am not a catholic I enjoyed listening to our cat-doc teacher. She's good that's why I learned a lot from the Catholic Doctrine. We even went down stair in the Oratory to visit God and thank for his goodness.

                      In Health Optimizing Physical Education ( H.O.P.E) and Literature, these are our Saturday Class. I enjoyed all of these and I learned a lot from our Sat-teachers. I experienced dancing and performed it in front of Class. And we even went to MOAH just to eat in the Restaurant for our Food Review in Literature. I had a lot of experienced in Lit; we had a debate about Romantic Marriage vs. Arrange marriage, we wrote a hundreds of words for position paper, report paper, essay and many other things all bout writing  even the thesis statement. All of these things really challenged me.


                      It was month of August, we went to Mall Of Asia because all SM Scholars were invited to attend the SM Foundation Scholar Assembly. I am very thankful to SM Foundation because I won't be here without their help. They shoulder 50% of my tuition fee that's why I willingly attended the assembly to thank them for their kindness. After the assembly, we had a mass and watched 3d XMEN. They also gave us free lunch and free T-shirt showing that we're SM Scholars, and  I'm proud to be one of them.

                      After all the happenings, we went to Razon's of Guagua for our food interview. I ordered beef steak which costs 150 pesos. We interviewed the manager and even took pictures of restaurant.

                 This class picture was for Ma'am Brij's Birthday, our former adviser. We celebrated her birthday and we gave her a chocolate cake.

                  ABS-CBN visited the school for campaign. Ma'am Charo Santos and Vice Ganda visited us to see all the punlaan students here. Ma'am Charo gave us advices and told us story about herself when she's not what she is today. I think for me, when she asked me what would be the title of my story, I answered Dream house, and after that I cried. My mascara and eyeliner spread out to my cheeks. I felt embarrassed that's why Ma'am Charo hugged me that time. I cried because she asked me about the title and it's a big deal for me. I confidently told her about my father's story. My father wanted to go to college. He even planned what course he would be taking up, and it is Business Management. He wanted to become a business man but because he couldn’t afford the tuition fee he applied a scholarship to Former President Estrada. But he was rejected that time, that's why my father told me to study hard and he will do anything, he will work hard just to help me finish my studies.

In 5 months of staying here, I experienced a lot. I even cried because my Laptop get compiscated by the student affairs, I forgot to bring my phone to my locker, I did so many funny  things and I did my best to study hard for first term and God gave me back all the efforts I made by being second to the top 1.

I have friends. I have this experience. I learned. I cried. I laughed. I have God with me. I am blessed. Thank you God for all of these this blessings.

After what I had experienced when I was in my 4th year high, I can say that maybe my junior high-school help me boosted my confidence, learned new things and even became a leader, Punlaan is greater than this. I hope many things to learn again and many experiences to experience again. I hope this school will not be a school that I am afraid of bad bullies. What I had experience that time, I thought myself it’s just a bad night mare of my life, and I don’t want to go back there.

For those women/ladies/girls, you won’t have regrets if you study herein Punlaan. Yes I told you many things ‘bout what I experienced and learned ,but it’s you who could really say what Punlaan is. It’s in your hand to make changes not in other people’s hand, Punlaan can transform you and it will come to the point that you have thanked them for their help and kindness. Don’t forget God who helps and loves you, thank him as what I’ve been always doing.






Comments